13 July 2010

你好 (KNEE-how): hello

o hai.

everyone has a voice these days. the internet has given us that privilege, and i want one, too.

i have another blog, but i don't know what to do with it now that i'm back from china. i have a lot of thoughts that i want to share with the world. even if i'm the only one reading this thing, it will help me organize my ideas (sort of) coherently.

allow me to introduce myself:

my name is matthew. i'm double majoring in chinese and international studies with a concentration in global politics. i'm also minoring in economics, which i fall in love with more and more every day. most important, i'm starting my senior year, and i have no idea what i want to do.

i'm southern. i used to hate it, but after living in shanghai for a few months, i understood what it means to be truly southern. i'll get into that some other time, i'm sure.

i'm passionate about the environment, but i'm not a very vocal person, so i don't hop on my soapbox like most people. i enjoy playing the bassoon, even though i rarely have time to practice like i should.

i'm a bleeding heart conservative, if there is such a thing - a pragmatic idealist.

i love my family, and i love my friends. i'm an active social commentator and i like talking about politics, but only occasionally.

that's all i have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment